When it comes to marketing and promoting your business, promotional items are a low-cost, highly-effective way to increase brand recognition and improving sales. In fact, recent research indicates:
- nearly 8 out of 10 people own between 1 and 10 promotional products
- 6 out of 10 of them keep a promotional product for at least 2 years
- 66% pass along an item they no longer want to keep
With impressive numbers like that, let’s take a closer look at 5 reasons you should make promotional products part of your marketing strategy:
- Effective, Low-Cost Marketing. Whether you’ve been in business for years or are just starting out, there is a promotional product solution that you can afford. Many promotional items are priced for mass distribution and are easily given away, yet have a high impact on your customer base.
- Brand Recognition. The point of any marketing campaign is to get people to buy your product or service. One way to do that is through brand recognition. With a promotional product, you are giving that to them every time they use your giveaway. It usually takes up to 22 “touches” before someone hears your message. If they are using your promotional product on a daily basis, they will certainly remember you the next time they are in need of your product or service!
- Broad Exposure. With a brochure, you only reach those who get your brochure. With a promotional item, your company brand is seen by people that you may never have had an opportunity to meet. Each time someone wears or uses an item with your logo on it, everyone they see will be exposed to your company and your message. Studies have shown that over 75% of people can recall the advertiser on a promotional product they’ve used/received in the last 12 months, compared to about 53% who just saw an ad in a magazine.
- Supplemental Business Card. We all go to networking events and collect business cards. Most of the time, those business cards wind up in a pile on your desk, never to be looked at again. However, if you were to give them a promotional item (even just a pen) instead, the chances of them remembering you increase significantly. And, all of your contact information is on that promotional item!
- Promotes Customer Loyalty. If done right, your promotional products can also be one way to keep customers coming back to you for your products and services. When you use promotional products as a thank-you for doing business with your company, make sure those items are high-quality as people associate the quality of your gifts with the quality of the services and products you provide.
Convinced? Ready to start using promotional items as a core part of your marketing strategy? Wearable Imaging is here to help. Give us a call at 949.888.7837 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your complimentary strategy session with our President Robin Richter.
Learn How the Game of Golf Can Change Your Life… Even if You’ve Never Picked up a Club!