With all the earthquakes rumbling through the golden state this past month, many Californians have been wondering… Is “the big one” coming?
6 Ways to Prepare for California’s Big Earthquake
- Fasten shelves to your walls – this will prevent your furniture from crashing down.
- Avoid hanging pictures or glass fixtures in your bedroom – this will help you stay safe if an earthquake happens in the middle of the night.
- Store glass items in lower shelves and drawers – this prevents them from crashing down on top of you in an earthquake.
- Keep a pair of flip-flops underneath your bed – in case you have to evacuate your room at night, this will protect your feet from broken glass.
- Identify safe places before the earthquake strikes – certain structures, such as sturdy tables, can be used as shelter during an earthquake. It is important to identify these beforehand, so you can think fast when an earthquake hits.
- Make sure you have flashlights and batteries ready – earthquakes often cause power outages. Our emergency night light is a great option in case of a black-out. This is also a great branded giveaway to help your employees and clients stay prepared as well.